Privacy and Data Protection Policy – TOMAZ DO DOURO
Each time you use this Site, you are subject to the application of the Privacy and Cookies Policy in force at any time, so we suggest that you carefully read the Policies in order to verify that you are in compliance with the respective terms.
For the purposes of the applicable legislation on data protection, the company responsible for the processing of your personal data is Tomaz do Douro Empreendimentos Turísticos Lda.
Tomaz do Douro website may occasionally contain links, banners or other hypertext links to websites and services of other companies, which have their own privacy policies, and / or third-party services installed on their device may allow access to the information contained therein. We suggest our Site Users to carefully read the privacy policies of such third parties before submitting any personal data to such websites. Tomaz do Douro has no control over the content of these websites and is not responsible for the content of those third parties’ privacy policies or for the treatment of their personal data by them.
Tomaz do Douro Empreendimentos Turísticos Lda. – NIPC 503 296 139 with headquarters in Praça da Ribeira, nº5, 4050-513 Porto.
Users of the Site – anyone who accesses any of the websites of Tomaz do Douro or the trademarks that are under this company.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
As part of its activity, Tomaz do Douro collects and processes the personal data necessary for the provision of services, including data such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
When and how do we collect your data?
Tomaz do Douro collects your information in writing or through its website (in a specific form), with your consent. As a rule, personal data is collected when you subscribe to one of our services.
Some personal data are mandatory (eg.: billing data) and, in case of lack or insufficiency of such data, Tomaz do Douro will not be able to make available the product or service in question.
We also have information related to your online involvement, which we use to ensure that the marketing communications we direct to you are relevant and timely. We may also have images of CCTV systems if you go to our facilities or access our boats.
In order to provide you with a service of excellence, we may need to access information about your physical or food conditions such as your restrictions or allergies that, directly or through someone from your company or family group and friends, have decided to share with us. If, for any reason, we require any additional personal data, you will be informed.
I HAVE OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MY DATA?
If you do not provide us with the necessary information and documentation, we will not be able to establish or continue the commercial or labor relationship you want, or to follow up on the requests you direct us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may collect personal data in a number of ways:
Personal information that we receive directly from you, if you contact us proactively, usually by phone or email; and / or if we contact you by phone or e-mail or through business development activities in a more general manner.
There are several ways you can share your information with us. Everything depends on what suits you. These may include:
– Enter your data on the Tomaz do Douro Website through the form as part of the registration process; or
– Send your resume by email or leave a paper copy of the resume;
– Participate in a contest through a channel of a social network such as Facebook or You Tube, Instagram, Pinterest or otherwise;
– Sign up for our newsletter or any of our events;
Personal data we receive from other sources, usually through due diligence or other market information, including lists of participants in relevant events. We also receive personal information from other sources, for example if you like on our Facebook page or “follow us” on Twitter or Instagram, we will receive personal information from those sites.
To the extent that you access our website or read or click on an email from us, when appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also collect your data through you or automatically. When you visit our website there is certain information that we may collect automatically, whether or not you decide to use our services. This includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access our website and how you navigate its content, all as provided in the cookies policy below.
We collect your data automatically through cookies, in accordance with your browser’s cookie settings.
Why do we treat your data (purpose of treatment) and on what legal basis?
Provision of products and services:
Tomaz do Douro may use your personal data when necessary to execute the agreement between you and Tomaz do Douro, as well as to identify you. We may also use your Personal Data to prevent and investigate possible misuse of Personal Data.
We may from time to time send you information that we consider to be of interest to you. In particular, we may use your data for the purposes listed below, where appropriate, namely:
– enable us to develop commercial or marketing actions, in particular to promote actions to disseminate new functionalities or new products and services;
– send you reports, promotions, offers, events and contacts;
– provide you with information on certain discounts and offers to which you are entitled because of your relationship with Tomaz do Douro;
– allow us to send newsletters, which may contain information on promotional campaigns, information on events, discounts, promotions and offers, invitations, reminders about your reservations, actions to publicize new features, new products or services and for the sending information on participation in competitions and sweepstakes that we can carry out;
– provide you with information about personalized and exclusive offers of products and services identified based on your personal preferences and behavior, as well as from the use of products, services and navigation on the sites.
When you have provided us with your electronic contact details in connection with the sale of a product or service, we may use them for the purposes of marketing our own products and services or similar products and services. You may, however, for free, if you do not agree with our marketing approach, refuse to receive such communications either at the time of their collection or at the time each message is self-excluded. Regarding the sending of any other type of electronic communication, we will first request your prior and express consent. We need your consent for some aspects of these activities that are not covered by our legitimate interests (in particular, the collection of data through cookies and the provision of direct marketing to you through digital channels).
If you disagree with our marketing approach, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. All our marketing is based on what we think will best serve our Customers, but we are aware that you may have other needs that we will respect.
We treat the personal data set forth above in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR and other applicable legislation in this area, based essentially on pre-booking and execution of the reservation. That is, we use and process your personal data for the management and execution of reservations or other steps requested by the data subject (Article 6, paragraph 1, point b) GDPR); in the context of a legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR); (Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR) and by legal imperative or in the public interest (Art. 6 (1) (c) and (e) GDPR).
HOW DO WE SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We are committed to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information we possess from misuse, accidental or unlawful changes, loss and disclosure or unauthorized access. For this purpose, Tomaz do Douro uses security systems, rules and other procedures to ensure the protection of your personal data, as well as to prevent unauthorized access to data, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction.
If you suspect misuse, loss or unauthorized access to your personal information, please let us know immediately.
DURING HOW LONG DO WE GET YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The length of time during which the data is stored and kept on our files varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed.
Effectively, there are legal requirements that oblige us to retain the data for a minimum period of time. Thus, and whenever there is no specific legal requirement, the data will be stored and kept only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes that led to their collection or subsequent processing or, for the period of time authorized by the National Data Protection Commission.
We may also retain some of your personal data to the necessary extent to comply with our legal obligations, as well as to administer or enforce our rights, including through recourse to judicial or administrative channels.
HOW CAN WE ACCESS, CHANGE OR REMOVE THE PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDED TO US?
Under the terms of the Personal Data Protection Law, is guaranteed to the person who gives the data the right to access, update, rectify or delete its personal data, which may be done through the various contacts that Tomaz do Douro has available.
– Right to object:
At any time, you may object to the use of your data for marketing purposes, simply by sending us the communication, by letter, by e-mail or through the removal links of our database present in the footer of our newsletters.
– Right to withdraw consent:
If we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities (eg for marketing purposes), you may withdraw this consent at any time and we will stop performing the specific activity you previously consented to, unless we believe there is an alternative reason to justify the continued treatment of our part of your data for this purpose, in which case we will inform you about this condition.
– Access Request from Data Holder:
You may ask us at any time to confirm the information we have about you, as well as to request further information on the purposes of the treatment, the period by which we keep your data, the existence of automated decisions, the people to whom the data is disclosed, among other information provided for in article 15 of the GDPR. We may ask you to verify your identity and more information about your request. If we grant you access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for access unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” If we ask for additional copies of this information, we may charge you a reasonable administrative cost, where this is legally permissible. In cases where we are legally permitted, we may deny your request. If we deny your request, you will always be informed of the reasons for doing so.
– Right to forget / erase:
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your personal data. Usually, the exercise of this right must meet one of the following criteria:
1. the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected and / or processed it;
2. when you have withdrawn your consent to process your data and there is no other valid reason why we should continue to treat them;
Upon complying with a valid data erasure request, we will take all reasonable practical steps to erase the data.
– Right of rectification:
You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we have about you. It is important that the personal information we have about you is accurate and current. Let us know if there are changes to your personal information during the period in which we keep your data.
– Right to portability of data:
Whenever you wish, you have the possibility to make the portability of your data to another entity.
– International transfer of your personal data:
We do not transfer your personal data to third countries.
– Right to complain to an inspection authority:
You also have the right to submit a complaint to your local supervisory authority, which in Portugal is the National Data Protection Commission.
You can make the contact in the following ways:
Telephone (+351) 213928400 / Privacy Line: +351 21 393 00 39
Requests for information online: https://www.cnpd.pt/bin/Duvidas/Duvidas_frm.aspx
Complaints online submissions: https://www.cnpd.pt/bin/Duvidas/Queixas_frm.aspx
Address: Rua de São Bento, nº 148-3º, 1200-821 Lisboa
Fax: +351 21 397 68 32
– How to contact us
Tomaz do Douro Empreendimentos Turisticos Lda., Praça da Ribeira nº5, 4050-513 Porto
Alternatively, you can send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Warranties and warnings
The user guarantees that the personal data communicated to Tomaz do Douro are certain and accurate and undertakes to notify any change or modification to us and assumes sole responsibility for the losses and damages caused by the erroneous, inexact or incomplete communication of the data. The user is expressly warned that when disclosing personal data in public media of Tomaz do Douro such as Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn and Instagram, this information may be seen and used by third parties. Tomaz do Douro does not read any personal communications published on the websites of its clients.
What is a cookie?
If you want to check or change the type of cookies you accept, you can do so in your browser settings.
The cookies are:
– Session cookies: These are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close the browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to navigate a site without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any information from your computer; or
– Persistent Cookies: They are stored as a file on your computer and are kept when you close your Web browser. The cookie can be read by the site that created it when you return to that site. We use persistent Google Analytics, Facebook and Mailchimp cookies.
– Strictly needed cookies: These are essential to allow you to use the site effectively, they cannot be disabled. Without these cookies, the services that are available to you on the site cannot be provided. These cookies do not collect information about you that can be used for marketing proposes.
– Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to monitor and improve the performance of our site. For example, they allow us to track visits, identify traffic sources, and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Cookies of functionality: Allow our site to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language or region where you are) and provide improved functionality. For example, we may provide you with relevant news or updates on our website. These cookies can also be used to remind you of changes you made to the size of the text, typeface, and other parts of the Web pages that you can customize. They can also be used to provide services you have requested, such as viewing a video. The information that these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
– Customization cookies: These cookies are persistent (while registered with us) and mean that when you sign in or return to the site you may see ads similar to the ones you browsed before.
Under the terms of Law no. 41/2004 of 18 August, the storage of information and the possibility of access to information stored in a user’s terminal equipment (in particular through cookies) are only carried out by Tomaz do Douro if the user has given prior and express consent to the installation of cookies on the equipment, and we therefore request you, prior to the use of the websites, to accept this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
How can I avoid using cookies on websites?
Finally, if you want to have greater control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as “do not track” tools, which allow you to choose the cookies that you want to allow.
DECLARE, EXERCISE OR DEFEND RIGHTS
It may sometimes be necessary to process personal data and, when appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, sensitive personal data regarding the exercise or the defense of the rights. Article 9 (2) (f) of the GDPR permits such processing when it “is necessary for the declaration, exercise or defense of a right in a judicial proceeding or whenever the courts act in the exercise of their judicial function”.
This may arise, for example, in cases where we need to obtain legal advice in relation to legal proceedings or if we are required by law to retain or disclose certain information as part of a legal process.
CHANGES TO THE DOCUMENT